Monday, March 21, 2011

Shmusic

Because I'm relatively bored, I figure'd I would make a quick post just mentioning music that I'm currently listening to and recommend that others listen to as well:

IAMX - Volatile Times (Fantastic!)
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Jessie J - Who You Are
Skindred - Babylon (Vampire Killa!)
Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Ghostland Observatory - Robotique Majestique
Those Darlins - Screws Get Loose

Honestly, I can't recommend IAMX enough. I know most of my friends are more into the heavy metal stuff, but Chris Corner's music is just great. In addition to IAMX, I listen to stuff like Ghostland Observatory too, so I'm a pretty big Electronic fan. But it seems like every time I listen to these albums, they get 10 times better. When I leave the house to go to the library, or the store, or anywhere really, I'm usually listening to IAMX.

Personally, I recommend to anyone interested in listening to start with the first album 'Kiss + Swallow' and work your way up to 'Volatile Times'. Each album just seems to become more mature in terms of sound, lyrics and vocal delivery. Its edgy, raw, dark, catchy, & very well produced.

-

Anyway, tomorrow is the bi-weekly Earth 52 game. As I continue to work on my still very poor Photoshop skills, I decided to return to the original cover I did for the first session and redo it:



What do you think? Pretty snazzy? Or is it lame? I'm not sure myself, but I do like the more simplified layout which I borrowed from the recent comic covers during the 'Brightest Day' event.

No comments:

Post a Comment